How to register as a foreign Exporter

  • Fill in the application forms and relevant annexure(s) as prescribed by the Customs and Excise Act.
  • Submit certified supporting documents as listed on the relevant application forms.
  • Nominate a registered agent by completing and sending the relevant form to Customs.

Which forms need to be completed for registration as a foreign Exporter?

Where are the exporter registration forms available?

Application forms are available on the website or from any Customs office.

Where do you send the forms?

Application forms must be sent to the nearest Customs office.

How long is the registration valid?

The registration validity period is indefinite.

What is the cost of registration?

No cost.

How long does it take for approval?

The turnaround time for Exporter registrations is about 10 working days.
Last Updated: 28/05/2014 1:31 PM     print this page
SARS eFiling eFiling Login eFiling Register Now eFiling Forgot Password eFiling Forgot Username E@syFile

 Top FAQs

For RIT (B2100) and RIB (B2000) passing through a BLNS land border (e.g.Nakop), does the importer have to be registered with SARS or is code 70707070 still applicable for these shipments?
For RIT / RIB declarations that are not passed at BLNS land borders, the code 70707070 is still acceptable at non-border offices.

What is the difference between a South African and Foreign Importer and Exporter?
A South African importer/exporter may submit their own clearances. A foreign importer/exporter must appoint an ‘agent’, and that agent must contract a South African

If the exporter is a South African-registered company, does the importer in a BLNS country have to be registered with South African Customs for the same transaction?
No, because the foreign importer ina BLNS countryhas no dealings with SARS Customs.