Contact SARS by e-mail or Fax
Email or fax one of our dedicated four mail centres:
- Northern South Africa: Taxpayers residing in Gauteng north (including Centurion and Pretoria), North West, Mpumalanga and Limpopo,
- Central South Africa: Taxpayers residing in Gauteng south (including Midrand, the Greater Johannesburg area, Kempton Park, Boksburg, Vereeniging and Springs), the Free State and Northern Cape,
- Eastern South Africa: Taxpayers residing in KZN and the northern parts of the Eastern Cape (up to and including East London)
- Southern South Africa: Taxpayers residing in the Eastern Cape south of East London and the Western Cape
What do I need to include?
In order for us to deal with your request promptly please include the following when you submit your correspondence:
- Case number (if available);
- Name and Surname;
- Subject of correspondence – clearly state what the correspondence is about;
- Your tax reference number and your ID/passport number if you are an individual taxpayer;
- Trust number if you are enquiring on behalf of a trust;
- Company’s registration number if you are enquiring on behalf of a company or close corporation;
- Should you be a tax practitioner enquiring on behalf of a taxpayer please include your practitioner number or your ID number.
Top tip: By contacting the centre closest to you, you will help us to deal with your queries swiftly and efficiently by ensuring they have access to your personal tax files;