What are the three SARS POA forms provided?
The three SARS POA forms provided are:- TPPOA - Special Power of Attorney to Tax Practitioner :-ASPOA - Authority on Special Power of Attorney by Tax Practitioner

Can I register for all types of tax types using eFiling?
No, you can’t register for all tax types on eFiling. Customs and Excise is not available. Registration for Customs and Excise must take place at a Customs or Excise branch.

How will I be kept up-to-date of any new registrations or changes made to the registered particulars?
New registrations or changes made on the profile will be communicated in the following manner,

Will I still need to complete the various tax application forms to register?
Yes, if you are registering at a SARS branch, you will still be required to complete at least one application form and submit the relevant material (supporting documents) as well.

Will I still need to complete a DA185 with associated annexures to register?
Yes. The existing forms will still be needed and submitted. Top Tip: This is for Customs and Excise only.

Will any of the Bond requirements change?
No. All existing bond conditions and requirements will stay the same unless specifically indicated.

Will certain registration types still require a physical inspection?
Yes. All current registration types requiring an inspection will continue to require an inspection at the discretion of the Commissioner.

Do I have to provide a valid South African bank account when registering for Customs and Excise?
A valid South African bank account will be mandatory for all Excise clients and Customs clients with an existing South African address. This allows us to process refunds.

Are there any registrations or licensing fees payable with the new changes for Customs and Excise?
No there are no registration or licensing fees payable with the new changes for Customs and Excise.

What functions will I be able to perform via eFiling for Customs and Excise?
For Customs and Excise, only limited demographic information can be updated via eFiling. All other services can only be requested at a Customs or Excise branch.

How do I get a Notice of Registration?
The following Notices of Registration will no longer be issued: IT150 – Notice of Registration [Personal and Corporate Income Tax (CIT)] VAT 103 – Notice of Registration [Value-Added Tax (VAT)] EMP103 – Notice of Registration (Payroll Taxes).

Why are all my tax registrations not listed on my Registration, Amendment and Verification form (RAV01) on eFiling?
According to records, the registered particulars may not be the same across the various tax registrations. Visit a SARS branch to correct any discrepancies.

Last Updated: 23/02/2018 10:53 AM     print this page
SARS eFiling eFiling Login eFiling Register Now eFiling Forgot Password eFiling Forgot Username E@syFile