- 26 April 2021 – Enhancements to the Managing of Tax Types
The Guide on how to register for eFiling and manage your user profile was updated to include the new function on how to Manage Tax Types and Practitioner configuration. The purpose of this document is to assist clients to register for eFiling and manage their eFiling profiles. For more information, see the Guide on how to register for eFiling and manage your user profile.
- 12 March 2021 – Enhancements to the Tax Type Transfer process
As part of ongoing enhancements to eFiling, during 2020 the eFiling Tax Type Transfer process was updated for Personal Income Tax products. These changes provided the taxpayer with full control of their eFiling profiles. Furthermore, any transfer requests to access taxpayer profiles, now require the taxpayer or their appointed Registered Representative to approve or reject such requests.
How will the enhanced process work?
- Adding taxpayers to a profile (Organisations & Practitioners)
- Removing multiple capture fields to simplify process
- Validate captured information to ensure alignment to SARS records
- Activating and Requesting Tax Types (All products and return types)
- Registered Representatives will have access to their clients
- SARS will provide products on register (masked) – user activates selected products
- Tax Type Requests to be reviewed by the taxpayer or their appointed Registered Representative
Adding taxpayers (Current)
Adding Taxpayers (New)
Request Tax Types (Current)
Manage Tax Types (Activations and Requests)
Manage Tax Type Transfers