Follow the steps below:
- Start by bringing up the Bitdefender interface and clicking on the hamburger menu in the upper left side of the interface.
- Access the Protection window, then click on View Features.
- Click on the Settings icon in the lower right corner of the Antivirus module.
- In the Shield tab, turn off the switch next to Bitdefender Shield by clicking on it.
NOTE: You’ll be asked for how long you wish to disable the protection. In the drop-down menu select Permanently or Until system restart then click Ok.
Adding [email protected] onto the exceptions list (Part 2):
Bitdefender allows the exclusion of specific files, folders or file extensions from scanning.
To add any of them to the Exclusions list, follow the steps explained below:
- Open the Bitdefender program and go to the Protection window by clicking on the icon.
- Click the View modules link.
- Select the icon in the upper-right corner of the Antivirus module.
- Select the Exclusions tab.
- Click on the List of files and folders excluded from scanning accordion menu.
- Click the Add button.
- Click Browse and select the folder (The local Store Folder & the [email protected] folder found under c:drive Programme files) that you want to be excluded from scanning. Make sure it’s excluded from Both on-demand scanning and on-access scanning.
- Click Add to save the changes and close the window.