An organisation approved by the Commissioner as a PBO will be required to:
- Submit annual income tax returns via SARS eFiling or manually;
- Submit a copy of all amendments to its founding document to the Commissioner, as soon as they have been affected;
- Inform the Commissioner of any address change for correspondence within 60 days after the address change takes place;
- Inform the Commissioner of any change in persons accepting fiduciary responsibility for the organisation or office bearers (resignations or new appointments);
- Inform the Commissioner if the PBO is no longer carrying on approved PBAs or ceases to exist;
- Retain all books of accounts, records and other documents for a period of 5 years from the date of the submission of the income tax return and if requested by SARS submit copies of such documents;
- Ensure that at all times the PBO complies with the requirements relative to the PBO approval.