How do tenders work?
SARS publishes all competitive bidding tenders issued to the general public:
- on the SARS website,
- the Government Tender Bulletin, and
- on the National Treasury’s e-Tender Publications Portal.
For bids relating to the construction industry, SARS will follow what is prescribed by the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB).
Responses should be posted to SARS, for attention of The Tender Office or placed in the SARS tender box at the following address:
The Tender Office – SARS Procurement Department, Linton House, 570 Fehrsen Street, Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181 or placed in the tender box at the main entrance at the aforesaid address; (GPS coordinates: S25 46.295 E28 14.174)
For a map to the SARS buildings, please click here. The following conditions will apply to the submission of bid documents:
1. All bid documents must be submitted in the format prescribed below. SARS reserves the right to disqualify bidders that do not comply with the format as prescribed below:
- A hard copy bid submission (Original)
- an exact copy of the original, and
- an electronic soft copy.
2. Bid documents will only be considered if received by SARS before the closing date and time, regardless of the method used to send or deliver such documents to SARS;
3. Late bids will not be accepted.
Please Note: The file sizes of some tender documents are very big. If you experience any problems downloading a document, please click on the following link to send us an e-mail – Query Form. For any procurement related queries, please email [email protected].
Although these tender documents are made available electronically, SARS does not yet have the facility to receive the electronic lodgement of responses by industry.