Welcome to the Tax Practitioners webpage
SARS places great value on a healthy professional relationship with Tax Practitioners who are key in providing a service to our clients the taxpayers.
SARS is therefore committed to:
- Engaging with practitioners continuously and constructively
- Providing access and channels to practitioners
- Specific Service offerings to registered practitioners
- Providing specific communications for Practitioners
Here you will find the latest information and updates from SARS to assist you in serving your clients and in broadening the culture of tax compliance.
- 23 April 2021 – Enhancements to Tax Type Transfer Process and Payments
The following functionality on eFiling has been enhanced:
Manage Tax Types:
- Registering new taxpayers/entities on an organisation’s portfolio
- Activation/deactivation of specific tax types
- Transfer of tax types between taxpayers, tax practitioners and registered representatives on eFiling
- Approval of tax type activations or transfer requests by the taxpayer or registered representative for that tax type.
- Allow payments that are still in an ‘awaiting authorization’ status to be cancelled.
- 13 April 2021 – CIT Audit letters
Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Audit Letters will now indicate actual dates for submission of relevant material. Failure to adhere to the stipulated deadlines may result in refunds being withheld or assessments being raised, see more here.
- 16 March 2021 – Enhancements to the Tax Type Transfer process – Coming end April 2021
As part of ongoing enhancements to eFiling, during 2020 the eFiling Tax Type Transfer process was updated for Personal Income Tax products. These changes provided the taxpayer with full control of their eFiling profiles. Furthermore, any transfer requests to access taxpayer profiles, now require the taxpayer or their appointed Registered Representative to approve or reject such requests.
In the coming months, SARS will extend the above process to the remaining tax products and for all entities transacting on eFiling, read more.
- 15 December 2020 – Tax Practitioner Connect Issue 2020
- Remember to check the general What’s New on a regular basis for SARS updates
- 30 November 2020 – Corporate Income Tax (CIT) Filing season important changes for 2020/21
SARS is in the process of updating the systems, forms and processes pertaining to the filing of Income Tax returns for companies. These changes will be implemented in a phased approach throughout the 2020 /21 period, read more.
- 26 November 2020 – Use of Adobe Flash
We have received some questions through various channels regarding the ongoing maintenance of Adobe Flash in the eFiling Service Offering by SARS, read more.
- 6 November 2020 – Tax Practitioner Connect Issue 19 (6 November 2020)
- 7 May 2020 – Enhancement to Tax Type Transfer Process
The Tax Type Transfer process for Personal Income Tax and Provisional Tax has been enhanced to enable ease of transfer of tax types between taxpayers, tax practitioners and registered representatives on eFiling.
With this enhancement the approval lies directly with the Taxpayer (owner of the PIT) or the Registered Representative of the PIT, to transfer the tax type to the requestor.
The taxpayer/registered representative for that tax type will receive a sms/ email and must approve the transfer request by:
- Visit www.sars.gov.za
- Select ‘Manage Tax Type Transfer’ in the SARS eFiling space
- Complete the online form by capturing ID/ Passport number and tax reference number
- An OTP will be sent to the taxpayer to capture
- An online POA will be presented to the taxpayer to ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ the transfer request.
A notification will be sent to the requestor once the taxpayer has ‘Accepted’ or ‘Declined’ the transfer request.
- Transfers for PIT are no longer dependent on the holding user releasing
- Transfers will be immediately cancelled if we are not able to verify the identity of the requested taxpayer.
- In the case of a Deceased estate, the Registered Representative (usually the Executor) becomes responsible for any notices and approvals.
A tax type transfer will be disallowed if the requestor is not a registered tax practitioner or the registered representative for the requesting taxpayer.
Also see the FAQ on How do I initiate a tax type transfer on eFiling.
- 6 April 2020 – Tax Practitioner Connect newsletter Issue 18