- 17 March 2023 – The February issue of the Tax Practitioner Connect Newsletter is available.
- 16 March 2023 – Deregistration of Tax Types
View the presentation which outlines the relevant procedures to be followed when a taxpayer applies for a deregistration of a tax type.
- 30 January 2023 – The January issue of the Tax Practitioner Connect newsletter is available.
- 1 September 2022 – Removal of the supplementary declaration for companies or close corporations (IT14SD) form 16 September 2022
From 16 September 2022 SARS will no longer require you to submit the Supplementary Declaration for Companies or Close Corporations (IT14SD) when identified for a verification.
The requirement to submit an IT14SD when a verification case is created will be replaced by a letter requesting specific relevant documents based on the reason for verification. For more information click here.
- 18 August 2022 – To view the frequently asked questions for the Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme held on 28 and 29 June 2022 click here.
27 June 2022 – SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme
The SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme is an education product that provides important information on the obligations and responsibilities of tax practitioners, and SARS processes that they need to follow to provide high quality, professional and ethical services to clients. Per the amended recognition criteria for RCBs and Tax Practitioners, this training is compulsory for individuals who want to register as tax practitioners from 1 July 2022.
There are 8 modules are accompanied by videos and written material.
For more info on the modules and implementation, see our SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme webpage.
SARS places great value on a healthy professional relationship with Tax Practitioners who are key in providing a service to our clients the taxpayers.
SARS is therefore committed to:
- Engaging with practitioners continuously and constructively
- Providing access and channels to practitioners
- Specific Service offerings to registered practitioners
- Providing specific communications for Practitioners
Here you will find the latest information and updates from SARS to assist you in serving your clients and in broadening the culture of tax compliance.
For the latest tutorial video and webinar on tax and trade topics, see our SARS TV Channel.
- For a complete list of the Connect Newsletters, click here.
GEN-ENR-01-G08 – Tax Reference Number TRN Enquiry Services on eFiling – External Guide
IT-AE-50-G01 – How to resolve tax queries via the SARS Live Chat – External Guide
LAPD-CGT-G01 – Comprehensive Guide to Capital Gains Tax
LAPD-CGT-G02 – The ABC of Capital Gains Tax for Individuals
RUC001 – Reporting of Unprofessional Conduct – External Form
Frequently Asked Questions
A Primary User is a default username that is selected...Read More
The purpose of a default Primary User is to enable...Read More
Upon first login as of 1st July 2019, a user...Read More
FAQ: How will I access my other profiles, once I have created a default Primary User?
All existing profiles, associated with a user’s identity number, will...Read More
No. All users will have to select a default primary...Read More