- 14 September 2023 – The September issue of the Tax Practitioner Connect Newsletter is available.
- 10 July 2023 – Launched – Tax Return Status Dashboard
The SARS Online Query System has a new feature called the Tax Return Status Dashboard providing Taxpayers, Registered Representatives and Tax Practitioners with a visual status of the progress of Personal Income Tax returns in terms of submission, verification/audit and refund processing.
You are now able to check the progress of your Personal Income Tax Return after submission. This enhancement aims to keep you informed so there is no need for you to phone the SARS Contact Centre or go to a SARS Branch office.
- 16 March 2023 – Deregistration of Tax Types
View the presentation which outlines the relevant procedures to be followed when a taxpayer applies for a deregistration of a tax type.
- 1 September 2022 – Removal of the supplementary declaration for companies or close corporations (IT14SD) form 16 September 2022
From 16 September 2022 SARS will no longer require you to submit the Supplementary Declaration for Companies or Close Corporations (IT14SD) when identified for a verification.
The requirement to submit an IT14SD when a verification case is created will be replaced by a letter requesting specific relevant documents based on the reason for verification. For more information click here.
- 18 August 2022 – To view the frequently asked questions for the Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme held on 28 and 29 June 2022 click here.
27 June 2022 – SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme
The SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme is an education product that provides important information on the obligations and responsibilities of tax practitioners, and SARS processes that they need to follow to provide high quality, professional and ethical services to clients. Per the amended recognition criteria for RCBs and Tax Practitioners, this training is compulsory for individuals who want to register as tax practitioners from 1 July 2022.
There are 8 modules are accompanied by videos and written material.
For more info on the modules and implementation, see our SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme webpage.
SARS places great value on a healthy professional relationship with Tax Practitioners who are key in providing a service to our clients the taxpayers.
SARS is therefore committed to:
- Engaging with practitioners continuously and constructively
- Providing access and channels to practitioners
- Specific Service offerings to registered practitioners
- Providing specific communications for Practitioners
Here you will find the latest information and updates from SARS to assist you in serving your clients and in broadening the culture of tax compliance.