What are Mobile Tax Services?
Taxpayers with no internet connectivity or smart phones can request certain tax services for free.
USSD or quick codes as it is known, is a new feature available to taxpayers.
Taxpayers who have basic standard mobile devices (not a smart phone or internet) can send an SMS or a USSD request to SARS.
Taxpayers with smart phones and internet have access to more services including the SARS MobiApp, Live Chat and ‘Ask SARS a question’. For more detail on all mobile services available on both smart and basic phones, see the online Guide to SARS Mobile Tax Services.
Or if you have any issues sending a USSD query to SARS, see the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ section at the bottom of this webpage.
New USSD services and steps
There are four services available:
- I want my Tax Reference Number (TRN):
2. What is my account balance?
3. Must I file a Personal Income Tax return?
4. Contact me to make an eBooking:
Difference between USSD and SMS?
Type in *134*7277# and dial.
Once dialled, your mobile device will display a menu option of tax services. Select the service your require by replying to the menu option.
SARS will request your ID or Passport or Asylum number. When successfully verified by SARS, your tax resolution will be displayed on your device.
Send an SMS to SARS on 47277 for certain Personal Income Tax related services. These services can be accessed with or without data/airtime.
- The USSD and SMS services are not available for tax practitioners.
- The USSD and SMS services are free of charge and only available to Individual Taxpayers for Personal Income Tax (PIT).
- The cell number used when requesting a service via USSD and SMS must be the cell number of the individual PIT profile of the taxpayer as registered on eFiling. To update your registered details, login to eFiling or SARS MobiApp.
For more detail on all mobile services available on both smart and basic phones, see the Guide to SARS Mobile Tax Services.
View our helpful tutorial videos: