Visit the national COVID-19 Online Resource and News Portal at or see SARS COVID-19 news items and tax relief measures here.

FAQ: Do I have to be registered for Income tax to obtain a certificate of residence?

A person or partner in partnership (partner) must be registered for income tax purposes. Where the person or partner is not registered for income tax the person or partner in must first obtain an income tax reference number to avoid the rejection of the application form. See the FAQ ‘How do I apply for a Certificate of Residency?

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print