Yes, it is a pre-requisite for all MPRR clients to have a registered representative. It is important to make sure that your registered representative is not only registered, but also activated. The registered representative needs to use his / her own personal Tax Reference number and not the company Tax Reference number for the activation and upload the necessary supporting documents, when requested. List of supporting documents:
- The original and a copy of an Identity document (ID)/temporary ID/passport/driver’s license for the registered representative
- Copy of proof of residential address of the registered representative
- Letter of appointment authorising the appointed representative to act as a Public Officer/ Accounting Officer/ Administrator, etc. on behalf of the entity or minutes of the meeting where the resolution was made that the appointed representative should act on behalf of the entity and;
- Certificate of Registration of the Company; or
- Company’s Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI); or
- Or other supporting proof of registration depending on the nature of the entity.
Please note that Trust and Individuals in their capacity as a Sole Proprietor are allowed to be registered for MPRR.