FAQ: Do I need to record the daily odometer readings?

No, SARS does not require the daily odometer readings for opening and closing kilometres. You do need to record the opening and closing kilometres for the year of assessment. In other words, you need to record the opening kilometres on the first day of March and closing kilometres on the last day of February.

The business kilometres travelled must be recorded on a daily basis.

The distance travelled between home and work is considered private.

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print