- Login to eFiling
- Register New
- Complete the information required and click “Continue” at the bottom of the page:
- Tick the tax type box, fill in the tax number and click “Register”
- A message will be shown, advising the taxpayer is already registered.
- Click “Request Tax Types” on the left hand menu.
- Select “Create New”:
- Select ‘I agree’ or ‘I do not agree’ under Declaration:
- Fill in the reference number next to the tax type and click “Request”:
Type Transfer for Personal Income Tax and Provisional Tax:
- This will send an automatic sms/ email notification to the Taxpayer (owner of the PIT) or the Registered Representative of the PIT, to transfer the tax type to the requestor.
- The taxpayer/registered representative for that tax type will receive a sms/ email and must approve the transfer request by:
- Logging on to www.sars.gov.za,
- Select ‘Manage tax Type Transfer’:
- Complete the online form by capturing ID/ Passport number and tax reference number
- An OTP will be sent to the taxpayer to capture
- An online POA will be presented to the taxpayer to ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ the transfer request.
Please note: Where the request isn’t accepted or declined within five working days – a reminder is sent to the taxpayer and/or registered representative to action the request. A notification will be sent to the requestor once the taxpayer has ‘Accepted’ or ‘Declined’ the transfer request.
Tax Type Transfer for Company, Trusts or Other Entities:
- This will send an automatic request to the holding user to advise that you are asking for the transfer of the taxpayer (client).
- The holding user will have the option to ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ the request.
In the case of a Deceased estate, the Registered Representative (usually the Executor) becomes responsible for any notices and approvals.
Please note: Where the request isn’t accepted within five days:
- An override code may be requested by the requestor,
- Alternatively, the taxpayer (client) may remove the access of the holding user.
Should you need more help, please call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277).