FAQ: I am currently employed by an overseas company who requires confirmation of my South African residency how do I obtain this?

The country where a SA resident rendered services or received income normally requires a certificate of residence before considering relief of tax at source. The confirmation of tax residency can be obtained in two ways:

i) A resident application form issued by a foreign country where services are rendered or income derived; or
ii) A SA resident may request SARS to issue a certificate of residence. See the FAQ ‘How do I apply for a Certificate of Residency?’

Last Updated:

Share this page on: