Visit the national COVID-19 Online Resource and News Portal at or see SARS COVID-19 news items and tax relief measures here.

FAQ: I donated some money to my child who is a minor, do I declare?

You are liable for tax on any income received by/accrued to/in favour of any of your minor children if such income arises from a donation, settlement or other disposition by:

  • You (the taxpayer)
  • Any other person (if you made a donation, settlement or gave some consideration directly or indirectly in favour of the other person or his/her family).

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print