FAQ: I pay contributions to a medical scheme but the medical tax certificate is not in my name and I have been selected for audit. Which supporting documents must I submit?

You need to submit an affidavit stating that the main member is a dependant as defined (that is, either your spouse; a child (or spouse’s child); any family member in respect of whom you are liable for family care and support). In addition, the following documentary proof: proof of payment (which can be either a bank statement showing the payments to the medical scheme or a letter from the medical scheme confirming that you are the one making the payments on behalf of the main member/dependant.

Last Updated:

Share this page on: