FAQ: If I receive a reimbursement travel allowance, can I claim travel expenses on the ITR12 return (using my logbook/actual costs)?

Your employer will declare any travel reimbursements paid to you on your employees’ tax certificate (IRP5) using the relevant code. If you have a taxable travel reimbursement code on your IRP5, you may claim a business travel deduction, provided you have kept the required logbook. If you have a non-taxable travel reimbursement code on your IRP5, you do not need to claim a travel deduction, as the reimbursement is not taxable.

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print