Visit the national COVID-19 Online Resource and News Portal at or see SARS COVID-19 news items and tax relief measures here.

FAQ: Is there a prescribed form for a notice of appeal?

Yes. A notice of appeal must be submitted on a Notice of Appeal (NOA) or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR2) form.

  • A NOA must be submitted in the following instances:
    • PIT – For assessed tax and administrative penalties;
    • CIT – For assessed tax only;
    • PAYE – For penalties only.
  • An ADR2 form must be submitted in the following instances:
    • Trusts;
    • VAT;
    • PAYE (excluding penalties in terms of paragraph 14(6) of the fourth schedule);
    • STC; and
    • Other taxes

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print