FAQ: What happens when Transfer Duty was underpaid on an application? Can SARS recover the amount underpaid?

Yes, in terms of Section 13 and Section 20B of the Transfer Duty Act, SARS may recover any underpayment or duty due. The Conveyancer will need to cancel the receipt and correctly apply under a new application. If payment was made on the original submission, the Conveyancer has the option of reallocating the initial amount paid and the difference can be paid as per the normal payment procedure.

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print