If you have requested your IRP5 or IT3(a) certificate from the employer / ex-employer and the employer has failed to provide such, you must visit the nearest SARS branch or call the Contact Centre for advice pertaining to the steps to be taken.
When visiting the SARS branch or calling the Contact Centre, you will be required to provide the following documentation:
- All payslips issued by the employer for the year of assessment in question;
- Bank statements to show the movement of salary into your account from the employer, and if applicable a copy of a service contract;
- Name and contact details of the employer; and
- Physical address of the employer.
The above documentation will only be accepted if the employer is –
- Insolvent / in liquidation;
- Deceased; or
- Not registered for PAYE.