The due dates for provisional tax payments are:
- First period: This payment must be made within six months from the commencement of the year of assessment
- Second period: This payment must be made no later than the last day of the year of assessment or approved financial year-end date
- Third period: Also known as “additional” or “topping-up” provisional payment. If such a payment is made it must be paid not later than the ‘effective’ date:
- Where the year of assessment ends on 28 / 29 February the effective date is seven months after the financial year end, which is 30 September
- For an approved financial year end which ends on a date other than 28/29 February, the effective date will be six months after the financial year end e.g. if the financial year end is 30 April, the effective date will therefore be 31 October.
- If the due date for payment falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the payment must be made on the last business day before that due date.