FAQ: Why do I need to be registered with a Recognised Controlling Body?

It is a statutory requirement to belong to a Recognised Controlling Body and register with SARS as a tax practitioner if you are a person who: Provides advice to another person with respect to the application of a tax Act; or Completes or assist in the completion of returns.
You must meet the requirements of the Recognised Controlling Body for registration with them as a tax practitioner Recognised Controlling Bodies are required to regulate your minimum qualifications, conduct, knowledge and behaviour in a specific manner thus protecting the interests of the taxpayers whom they represent. The new requirements are also intended to improve overall service and compliance of both taxpayers and tax practitioners

Last Updated:

Share this page on: