FAQ: I have a full time domestic helper who cleans my home office space daily and I pay her cash at the end of the month. What proof would you require in this instance?

Proof of payment must be retained. The domestic worker should sign an acknowledgement of receipt of the monthly payment. As an employer, you would be required to register for UIF for the domestic worker, proof of payment of UIF contributions may also be requested on audit or verification by SARS.

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print