When you submit your tax return, the following may delay your refund from being paid (if a refund is due):
- When your banking details have been identified for verification, the process can take up to 21 business days from the date all required supporting documents are received. Once the bank details validation process has been completed the refund should be paid within 72 hours.
- If your Income Tax return is selected for verification, it may take up to 21 business days from the date all required supporting documents are received to conclude a verification, whereafter the refund should be paid within 72 hours.
- Where multiple tax years are submitted and are selected for the audit verification, the verification process will be finalised within 90 business days from the date all required supporting documents were received for all the tax years being verified.
- If your return is selected for audit, it could take up to 90 business days from the date of receipt of all the required supporting documents in a complete and correct manner unless alternative arrangements are communicated, whereafter the refund should be paid within 72 hours.
- If you have outstanding returns the refund will not be paid until all outstanding tax returns have been submitted.
- If your banking details are incorrect.
- If you have outstanding debt on your account, the debt equalisation process may be initiated to deduct an amount from your refund and pay towards any outstanding tax debt prior to release of any credit available thereafter.