28 June 2021 – This new guide describes the tax services offered by SARS via your mobile device. These services can be accessed with or without data/airtime.
The main changes are the addition of tax services via SMS namely:
- Confirmation request whether a taxpayer should submit their (PIT) tax return
- File (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
- Request the issuing of the IT150 (Tax Registration Number) or taxpayers who are requesting their Tax Reference Number
- TRN (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
- Request Account related queries (balance statements) and provision of Statement of the Account (SOA)
- Balance (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
The taxpayers can request these tax services via SMS as follows:
- The SMS number to request this service is: 47277
- The text message on the SMS must have the applicable wording that is reserved for each service as well as demographic information as demonstrated
Where applicable, an email correspondence will be issued to the taxpayer where a request was made for the issuing of the SOA or the IT150. For more detail, see the Guide to SARS Mobile Tax Services.