- Proof of income such as:
- IRP5/IT3(a) from your employer or pension fund
- Tax certificates for investment income IT3(b)
- Tax Free Investments certificate(s) IT3(s)
- Financial statements (e.g. for business income), etc.
- Proof of deductions such as:
- Medical aid contribution certificates and receipts
- Completed confirmation of diagnosis of disability form (ITR-DD) if you want to claim any disability expenses
- Retirement annuity contribution certificates
- Information relating to foreign tax credits withheld
- Travel logbook (if you receive a travel allowance or use a company car), etc.
- Proof of identity: ID, passport or driving licence if you visit a branch to submit your return.
There are three days to go – do it now!
Taxpayers can also call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277 or visit the SARS website www.sars.gov.za for more information.
Information on how to file a tax return is available at http://www.sars.gov.za/Media/MediaReleases/Pages/3-July-2017—Tax-Season-2017-now-open-.aspx