SARS will be extending its office hours at selected branches throughout the country to Saturdays between 08:00 – 13:00 from 30 September until 18 November 2017.
A list of selected branches can be viewed at selected branches. Please note that the extended hours will prioritise queries specifically related to income tax returns.
SARS would like to remind taxpayers to bring the necessary supporting documentation to avoid frustration, including the following:
- Your banking particulars
- Your IRP5/IT3(a) certificate(s)
- Certificates [IT3(b)] that you received for any investment income
- Details of medical expenses paid by you and not covered by your medical scheme
- Medical aid certificate for details of medical aid contributions made that do not appear on your IRP5/IT3(a) certificate(s)
- Completed confirmation of diagnosis of disability form (ITR-DD), if applicable
- Information about your retirement annuity contributions
- Details of business travel (if you received a travel allowance or want to claim against a fringe benefit for an employer provided vehicle)
- Information about foreign tax credits withheld
- Financial statements, if applicable e.g. business income
- Any other relevant material relating to income you received or deductions you want to claim.
Taxpayers should note that other channels are available to meet their tax obligations, the quickest and simplest being eFiling. Taxpayers can also contact the SARS contact centre before opting to visit a branch to resolve their tax queries.