Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I confirm that my TCS or TCC is valid and active?
Both a TCC (Tax Clearance Certificate) and a Tax Compliance Status (TCS) can be verified via the verification functionality on eFiling. See our easy steps on how to verify.
2. What type of TCS or TCC is required by National Treasury?
To be compliant with the National Treasury requirements, a “Good Standing TCC”, or a “Tender TCC” should be active. For the new system, a compliant TCS is required (green colour-coded on eFiling). In other words, to be compliant with the National Treasury requirements you should apply for a Good Standing or Tender TCS and be overall tax compliant.
3. The National Treasury system indicates that my TCS or TCC could not be verified?
- Ensure that your tax affairs are in order.
- Ensure that the details captured on your TCS application are correct.
- Ensure that the details captured on the National Treasury system are correct and correlate to the information captured on your TCS application.
Note – If you are not an individual with a South African ID, a CIPC registered company or a Trust, then you need to apply for a TCS and capture the PIN on the National Treasury system where required.