How to license or register for SEZ and Customs control area activities
- Complete the application forms and relevant annexures
- Send in all supporting documents asked for on the application forms
Which forms are required for licensing or registration for SEZ and Customs control area activities?
- To register a SEZ Operator, including as an importer and rebate user:
- To apply for designation of the Customs control area:
- Apply on form DA 185.4A11
- To register the Customs control area Enterprises, including as an importer, exporter and rebate user:
- Licensing of manufacturing warehouses:
- Licensing of storage warehouses:
Where are the licensing or registration forms available?
Application forms are available on the website or from any Customs office.
Where do we send the forms?
Application forms with all supporting documents must be hand delivered or posted to the nearest Customs office.
How long is the licence or registration valid?
- Registration – The registration period is indefinite.
- Licensing – The licensing validity period is 12 months, starting on 1 January and ending on 31 December.
What is the cost of licensing or registration?
- Registration – No cost required
- Licensing – There are no costs with effect from 20 December 2013.
Turnaround time for licensing or registrations
The turnaround time for licensing or registrations is approximately ten (10) working days.
The following can be read for the completion of the documents: