Visit the national COVID-19 Online Resource and News Portal at or see SARS COVID-19 news items and tax relief measures here.

FAQ: How do I cancel a registration for employees’ tax?

To cancel a registration for employees’ tax you can:
  • Indicate on the final EMP501 reconciliation that you want to deregister for employees’ tax and provide the reason for deregistration;
  • Use the deregistration function on eFiling;
  • Send a written notification and  EMP123/EMP123T form to SARS. You can send the notification and form via email, post or fax to the region where the entity is registered.
To cancel the registration of all businesses you need to submit the EMP123 Form.

To cancel a separately registered branch or division you need to submit the EMP123T Form.

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print