Visit the national COVID-19 Online Resource and News Portal at or see SARS COVID-19 news items and tax relief measures here.

FAQ: Must I be registered for Income Tax to request a refund for relief from SA Tax?

Yes, tax withheld can only be refunded if a person is registered as a taxpayer in SA and has an Income Tax Reference Number.

For more information on how to register as a taxpayer, click here.

Last Updated:

Share this page on:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print