SARS may require the following supporting documents:
- IRP5/IT3(a) employees Tax Certificate;
- Certificates received for local interest income, foreign interest income and foreign dividend income;
- The income tax certificate(s) received for contributions made for Retirement Annuities;
- Medical aid certificate;
- A log book if you received travelling allowance;
- Any other documents relating to income or deductions that was used in your declaration of the return form.
Note: check correspondence sent from SARS, a letter will be sent to notify you of the specific documents you are required to submit (documents that you used when you declared your tax return form)
There are a few options for uploading supporting documents:
- How to upload supporting documents on eFiling
- How to upload supporting documents on MobiApp
- How to upload supporting documents via SOQS (SARS Online Query System):
Follow these easy steps to upload supporting documents via SOQS:
Complete the form with the applicable mandatory information pertaining to the selected query. This may include information such as:
- Taxpayer Demographics
- Tax number(s)
- Requester Demographics
- Uploading query specific supporting documents.
Keep the following in mind when you use the supporting documents upload query:
- The case number that the supporting documents are related to
- The tax type i.e. Income Tax, Value-Added Tax (VAT), Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) or Transfer Duty
- Your tax reference number
- You will then receive an email indicating the status of the received documents.
Kindly note: If your case number and tax number does not match our records or if we did not receive the documents due to technical error, we will send you an email requesting you to resubmit the documents.
- Documents must be in one of the following formats: pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, gif, jpg, jpeg, bmp and png.
- Documents should not be empty, password protected or encrypted;
- Documents may not be more than 5MB per upload and a maximum of 10 documents may accompany a single submission;
- Document names should not include the characters ‘ or &;
- No more than 10 submissions are permitted against a given case number.
Note: It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari to access the form and NOT Internet Explorer.
Top Tip: eFilers are encouraged to continue using services on their eFiling profiles to upload supporting documents.