30 December 2020 – We wish to inform that SARS Management in line with President Cyril Ramaphosa’s extension of lock-down period for the next two weeks, have agreed that SARS staff at all our offices will continue to operate remotely via our digital channels until further notice.
Branches will also engage with taxpayers via the use of virtual meetings using MS Teams. As part of SARS’s commitment to all members of the public, please take note of the following:
- All existing branch appointments will be honoured
- Bookings can only be made via the SARS website
- All new bookings via the SARS site will be honoured via a virtual engagement (MS Teams or telephonic engagement)
- The SARS contact centre will continue to service any queries from members of the public.
- All South African Ports of Entry manned by SARS customs officials will continue to operate during this lockdown period. Please note that strict social distance measures will apply, and all members of the public are required to wear masks at all times when entering any SARS building or engaging with any customs officials. No access will be allowed without the wearing of a mask.