- 14 August 2023 – Enhancements to the eBooking system
- You can now book a branch walk-in appointment via the eBooking system, where previously this type of appointment could only be booked through the SARS Contact Centre
- Only available timeslots will be displayed from now on, no more ‘timeslot not available’ messages
- Booked slots will be automatically cancelled if supporting documents are not uploaded within 24 hours, thereby freeing up timeslots.
See the updated eBooking Guide: Book your appointment with SARS.
- 4 August 2022 – SARS Pavilion branch in Pretoria permanently closed
The SARS Pavilion branch in Pretoria has been permanently closed, but staff continue to service clients. Tax practitioners are advised to book appointments via the usual channels if they need assistance from SARS (if they book via the SARS website: SARS Booking System, they should continue to choose the “Pavilion” option).
- 18 July 2022 – The following enhancements have been made to the eBooking appointment process:
- Video appointments have been added as a channel for individuals for select appointment reasons.
- Updated with latest rule: Taxpayers can choose any area.
- As a general rule, appointment slots cannot be selected for a date and time that is greater than 60 days from the current date or earlier than 48 hours from the current date. The 48-hour rule has been adjusted to assist branches with time to plan for the week’s appointments. If an eBooking is made on a Thursday after 4pm or on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the system will only allow the taxpayer to view and select available appointments from the Tuesday that follows. Public holidays are not counted when determining the 48-hour rule.
Note: This service can only be accessed if you are registered for tax.
If you are already registered for tax and want to make appointment?
There are three options to make an appointment if you are a registered taxpayer:
- Call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277 and select option 0 (zero). A SARS official will book the appointment on your behalf.
- Send an SMS to 47277 (iSARS) with this information and format: Booking (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number.
This SMS service is only available to taxpayers/registered representatives who are registered for Personal Income Tax (PIT). This service is not available to tax practitioners. Read more.
- Continue with this online form and click on the link at the bottom of this page called ‘Click here to open the booking form in a new window’.
Temporary pop-up branches and Mobile Tax Units (MTU’s)
Depending on demand, temporary pop-up branches and Mobile Tax Units (MTU’s) will be created for specific dates and durations to service taxpayers at venues such as malls, shopping centers, etc. The temporary pop-up branches and MTU’s will cater for walk-in appointments only. The confirmation SMS will confirm the location of the Pop-Up Branch or Mobile Tax Unit. To see the Mobile Units schedule, click here.
What do you need to know when making an appointment?
- Please indicate whether you are making a booking as an Individual, Representative, Tax Practitioner, or a small Medium Micro Enterprise (SMME).
- Only SARS registered taxpayers will be able to request an appointment. Unregistered users will be referred to the eFiling website to register.
- If you cannot be verified as a registered individual taxpayer, representative or tax practitioner, you will not be able to book an appointment.
- Please ensure that you capture all personal particulars exactly as registered with SARS, otherwise the system will not validate your details.
- Non-South African’s will be allowed to make a booking using foreign passport/permit numbers. SA citizens must use their ID numbers to make a booking.
- Please note that you have to provide us with a valid cell phone number and/or an email address.
- Date selection may not be more than 60 days in advance. The earliest booking you will be able to make or receive is after 48 hours from the present.
- Only one time slot may be selected for a booking.
- Scheduling recurring appointments (block bookings) is not allowed.
- Once an appointment has been confirmed you will receive a formal confirmation by email or SMS, with a reference number.
- For video/telephonic bookings, on the date of the appointment:
- A SARS agent will call you and assist you with your query.
- We will endeavor to ensure that all on-time clients will be served at the time of the approved booking.
- Late clients may forfeit their appointment, and will then be required to make a new appointment.
- You will be allocated an appointment with a specific service agent and you will not be allowed to request assistance from an alternative agent, unless an alternate booking is made.
- Please ensure that you have submitted all supporting documents, relevant to your query, electronically for video or telephonic engagement appointments, prior to the date and time of your requested appointment or SARS may not be able to assist you with your query.
- If you need to submit additional supporting documents after your booking has been confirmed, you may submit the documents electronically through the SARS Online Query System.
- Please see the required supporting documents for your specific appointment here.
- Once a booking is made, you will be able to receive assistance in completing your ITR12 Income Tax return via our free voice call-back service.
- To cancel an existing appointment complete the requestor information. Your active appointment will display on the screen. Click on the ‘delete’ icon to cancel the appointment.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari to access the booking form and NOT Internet Explorer.
Please note: the eBooking system caters mainly for processes which are not yet been fully automated. You must select an applicable reason from the drop-down list, when making the appointment. If the reason you are looking to complete is not in the drop-down list – it means that process can be completed by way of our electronic channels (eFiling, SARS MobiApp, e@syFile)