18 January 2021 – Due to the current challenges we are experiencing and in order to serve you better, a new ‘Reason for Appointment’ has been added to the drop-down called ‘Adobe Flash Workaround Assistance’.
What do you need to know when making an appointment?
- Please indicate whether you are making a booking as an Individual, Company, Representative or a Practitioner.
- Only SARS registered taxpayers will be able to request an appointment. Unregistered users will be referred to the eFiling website to register.
- If you cannot be verified as a registered individual taxpayer, company representative or practitioner, you will not be able to book an appointment.
- Please ensure that you capture all personal particulars exactly as registered with SARS, otherwise the system will not validate your details.
- Non-South African’s will be allowed to make a booking using foreign passport numbers. SA citizens must use their ID numbers to make a booking.
- Please note that you have to provide us with a valid cell phone number and/or an email address.
- Date selection may not be more than 60 days in advance. The earliest booking you will be able to make or receive is after 48 hours from the present.
- Only one time slot may be selected for a booking.
- Scheduling recurring appointments (block bookings) is not allowed.
- Once an appointment has been confirmed you will receive a formal confirmation by email or SMS, with a reference number.
- On the date of the Video or Telephonic Engagement appointment:
- A SARS agent will call you for a telephonic engagement appointment or for a video appointment via Microsoft Teams, on the internet.
- We will endeavour to ensure that all on-time clients will be served at the time of the approved booking.
- Late clients may forfeit their appointment, and will then be required to make a new appointment.
- You will be allocated an appointment with a specific service agent and you will not be allowed to request assistance from an alternative agent, unless an alternate booking is made.
- Please ensure that you have submitted all supporting documents, relevant to your query, electronically for video or telephonic engagement appointments, prior to the date and time of your requested appointment or SARS may not be able to assist you with your query.
- You may submit the relevant supporting documents electronically through the SARS Online Query System.
- Once a booking is made, you will be able to receive assistance in completing your ITR12 Income Tax return via our free voice call-back service.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari to access the booking form and NOT Internet Explorer.
For more detail on the process, see our Guide on Book an Appointment at a SARS Branch.
Please note that only processes which are not yet been fully automated will be dealt with by way of an appointment. You may select these processes from the drop-down list, when requesting the appointment. If the process you are looking to complete is not in the drop-down list – it means that process can be completed by way of our electronic channels.
To access this page in different languages click on the links below: