You can select any branch/region when making a virtual booking. It doesn’t have to be within the area where you reside. If you select a branch under ‘Preferred Branch’ and the system returns a message ‘The selected Province or Branch do not have available appointment slots….‘ then please select another Province and/or Branch to view other available appointments.
- If you want to visit a branch, the only way to make an appointment at a physical branch is to:
- Call the Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277 to make an appointment on your behalf or
- Send an SMS to SARS on 47277 to request an eBooking appointment at a branch: Booking (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number.
- The online booking form can’t be used to request a physical appointment.
- 4 August 2022 – The SARS Pavilion branch in Pretoria has been permanently closed, but staff continue to service clients. Tax practitioners are advised to book appointments via the usual channels if they need assistance from SARS (if they book via the SARS website: SARS Booking System, they should continue to choose the “Pavilion” option).
- 18 July 2022 – The following enhancements have been made to the eBooking appointment process:
- Video appointments have been added as a channel for individuals for select appointment reasons.
- Taxpayers can choose an appointment in any area. New notification messages have been added to prompt taxpayers to select an alternate Appointment Channel/Province/Branch if an appointment is not available for their original selection.
- ‘Third Tax Number on Insolvency’ has been added to the list of appointment reasons for walk-in appointments and will only be available for selection by SARS staff and not on the website.
- As a general rule, appointment slots cannot be selected for a date and time that is greater than 60 days from the current date or earlier than 48 hours from the current date. The 48-hour rule has been adjusted to assist branches with time to plan for the week’s appointments. If an eBooking is made on a Thursday after 4pm or on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, the system will only allow the taxpayer to view and select available appointments from the Tuesday that follows. Public holidays are not counted when determining the 48-hour rule.
For more information, see the updated guide: Book an Appointment at a SARS Branch.
Not registered for tax yet and want to make an appointment?
If you are not registered for tax yet, the only option to request an appointment is to call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277 and select option 0 (zero). A SARS official will book the appointment on your behalf.
If you are already registered for tax and want to make appointment?
There are three options to make an appointment if you are a registered taxpayer:
- Call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277 and select option 0 (zero). A SARS official will book the appointment on your behalf.
- Send an SMS to 47277 (iSARS) with this information and format: Booking (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number.
This SMS service is only available to taxpayers/registered representatives who are registered for Personal Income Tax (PIT). This service is not available to tax practitioners. Read more.
- Continue with this online form and click on the link at the bottom of this page called ‘Click here to open the booking form in a new window’.
Temporary pop-up branches and Mobile Tax Units (MTU’s)
Depending on demand, temporary pop-up branches and Mobile Tax Units (MTU’s) will be created for specific dates and durations to service taxpayers at venues such as malls, shopping centers, etc. The temporary pop-up branches and MTU’s will cater for walk-in appointments only. Kindly note that if you selected a ‘Pop-Up branch’ or a ‘Mobile Tax Unit’ that it’s not the same as a physical branch, which can only be booked through the Contact Centre. The confirmation SMS will confirm the location of the Pop-Up Branch or Mobile Tax Unit. To see the Mobile Units schedule, click here.
What do you need to know when making an appointment?
- Please indicate whether you are making a booking as an Individual, Company, Trust, Entity Representative, Practitioner, or a small Medium Micro Enterprise (SMME).
- Only SARS registered taxpayers will be able to request an appointment. Unregistered users will be referred to the eFiling website to register.
- If you cannot be verified as a registered individual taxpayer, company representative or practitioner, you will not be able to book an appointment.
- Please ensure that you capture all personal particulars exactly as registered with SARS, otherwise the system will not validate your details.
- Non-South African’s will be allowed to make a booking using foreign passport/permit numbers. SA citizens must use their ID numbers to make a booking.
- Please note that you have to provide us with a valid cell phone number and/or an email address.
- Date selection may not be more than 60 days in advance. The earliest booking you will be able to make or receive is after 48 hours from the present.
- Only one time slot may be selected for a booking.
- Scheduling recurring appointments (block bookings) is not allowed.
- Once an appointment has been confirmed you will receive a formal confirmation by email or SMS, with a reference number.
- On the date of the appointment:
- A SARS agent will call you and assist you with your query.
- We will endeavor to ensure that all on-time clients will be served at the time of the approved booking.
- Late clients may forfeit their appointment, and will then be required to make a new appointment.
- You will be allocated an appointment with a specific service agent and you will not be allowed to request assistance from an alternative agent, unless an alternate booking is made.
- Please ensure that you have submitted all supporting documents, relevant to your query, electronically for video or telephonic engagement appointments, prior to the date and time of your requested appointment or SARS may not be able to assist you with your query.
- You may submit the relevant supporting documents electronically through the SARS Online Query System.
- Please see the required supporting documents for your specific appointment here.
- Once a booking is made, you will be able to receive assistance in completing your ITR12 Income Tax return via our free voice call-back service.
- To cancel an existing appointment complete the requestor information, then select the “Cancel an appointment” option and complete the mandatory information.
- It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Safari to access the booking form and NOT Internet Explorer.
For more detail on the process, see our Guide on Book an Appointment at a SARS Branch.
Please note that only processes which are not yet been fully automated will be dealt with by way of an appointment. You may select these processes from the drop-down list, when requesting the appointment. If the process you are looking to complete is not in the drop-down list – it means that process can be completed by way of our electronic channels.