13 February 2023 – Invitation to a webinar on Tax Directives
SARS is hosting a webinar on Tax Directives to assist taxpayers to comply with their tax obligations.
A tax directive is an official instruction from SARS to a taxpayer’s employer or fund manager to deduct tax at a set rate, determined by SARS. This directive ensures that a fair tax rate is paid on your earnings, especially for larger or irregular payments. An approved tax directive is only valid for the tax year or period that it was applied for.
The following topics will be covered:
- Types of Tax Directives
- Type of Tax Directives by Tax Practitioners on behalf of Individuals and Employers
- Tax Directive application process
- Timelines for the Tax Directives applications
- Tax Directive updates/ changes
- Access to Tax Directives via eFiling
The details of the webinar are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 16 February 2023