All Conveyancers need to register with SARS as a Conveyancer.
How to register for Transfer Duty?
- You must have an eFiling profile, by that we mean that you must be registered for eFiling.
- If you don’t have an eFiling profile, create the profile through the existing eFiling profile registration process.
- Once your eFiling profile is created, login and navigate to the ‘Duties & levies ’ menu on top of the screen and click on ‘Transfer Duty / Register \Amend ’ from the side menu.
- Complete by entering the income tax number of the firm and submit.
- Once registration is successful you will receive your financial account number as explained in the eFiling guide.
Supporting documents required for change in banking details in respect of Transfer Duty
Please note that if you change your banking details, you will be requested to provide supporting documents to be uploaded on eFiling or handed in at a SARS branch. The types of supporting documents include:
- Copy of a Trust deed together with the minutes of a meeting specifying who is authorised to act on behalf of a Trust.
- Power of authority.
- Valid original or a temporary identity document/passport/driving licence of the Representative taxpayer.
- Copy of a bank statement with the original bank stamp or ABSA eStamped statement not more than three months old that confirms the account holder’s legal name, account number, account type and branch code, where applicable. The only exception would be a case where a new back account has been opened and 3 months bank statements are not available. In such cases a letter stating the account holders legal name, account number, account type, branch code and the date the bank account was opened should be provided on the banks letterhead with the original bank stamp.
- Copy of a proof of business physical address.
Need any help?
Call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277), or visit your nearest SARS branch.