- 18 August 2022 – To view the frequently asked questions for the Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme held on 28 and 29 June 2022 click here.
What is the programme?
The SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme is an education product that provides important information on the obligations and responsibilities of tax practitioners, and SARS processes that they need to follow to provide high quality, professional and ethical services to clients. Per the amended recognition criteria for RCBs and Tax Practitioners, this training is compulsory for individuals who want to register as tax practitioners from 1 July 2022. While the focus of the programme is for individuals who want to register as tax practitioners, the modules can equally be used by existing tax practitioners to refresh their knowledge on the tax environment within which they operate and it is believed that the content would be beneficial.
What are the modules?
There are 8 modules that are accompanied by videos and written material. These are as follows:
- Module 1: Legislation
- Module 2: Criteria for recognition of controlling bodies
- Module 3: How to register as a tax practitioner
- Module 4: Getting started, becoming SARS Ready
- Module 5: Channels of Engagement
- Module 6: eFiling
- Module 6 – eFiling (PDF)
- Video Link
- Module 7.1: eFiling Employer Tax Season made easy
- Module 7.2: [email protected] Employer Tax Season made easy
- Module 8 – part 1: Debt management
- Module 8 – part 2: Dispute resolution
- Module 8 – part 3: Complaints and escalations
The Office of the Tax Ombud process (PDF, Video) is also covered.
Link to SARS Readiness Programme YouTube playlist
How will the programme be implemented?
SARS will be implementing this programme as follows:
- All learning materials were provided to RCBs and members can work through their RCBs to register for the programme.
- SARS will be placing the programme on the SARS YouTube TV Channel once all internal governance processes have been completed.
- SARS will also be conducting virtual sessions of the programme as follows:
- Session 1: 28 June 2022
- Session 2: 29 June 2022
- Session 3: 26 July 2022
- Session 4: 30 August 2022
- Session 5: 27 September 2022
Any person wanting to register for this programme is encouraged to work through his/her RCB.
The SARS Tax Practitioner Readiness Programme will coincide with the opening of Individual Tax Season and the learning material will benefit all tax practitioners who advise and/or prepare tax submissions on behalf of taxpayers.