Who should register as a tax practitioner?
A natural person who:
- Provides advice to any other person about the application of a tax Act; or
- Completes or assists with the completion of a return for another person
- For more information look at the Registration Process for Tax Practitioners.
What are the requirements in order to register as a tax practitioner?
To register as a tax practitioner, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must belong to or fall under the jurisdiction of a Recognised Controlling Body as referred to in s 240A of the Tax Administration Act.
- Have the minimum qualifications and experience set by your Recognised Controlling Body.
- Have no criminal convictions for the offences described in s 240(3) of the Tax Administration Act.
- Participate in continuous professional development programmes set by your Recognised Controlling Body.
Registration is a dual process between the RCB and the Tax Practitioner.
For more information on the recognised Controlling Bodies, click here.
Tax Practitioners have a dedicated Call Centre for specific taxpayer related queries. Dial 0800 00 7277 to use this service.