26 April 2021 – Enhancements to the SARS MobiAppOnce editing, the return option is selected, the taxpayers original return will be filed / submitted to SARS. For more information, see the updated Guide to the SARS MobiApp.
Taxpayers will now receive estimated assessment via the MobiApp. Taxpayers will have an option to either view the return or edit the return.
- 8 May 2020 – Two Factor Authentication and Passwordless
Two Factor and Passwordless authentication is an additional security features which allow an eFiling user to access their eFiling profile using push notification technology to a smart device:
- Two Factor Authentication: Allows the user to access their eFiling profile by making use of their username, password and a push notification sent to the SARS Mobile Application, on their smart device.
- Passwordless Authentication: Allows the user access to their eFiling profile by making use of their username and a push notification sent to the SARS Mobile Application, on their smart device.
Please note, to make use of this security feature ensure that:
- The SARS Mobile Application is installed on your smart device and
- Your smart device is be enrolled as the primary device on your eFiling profile.
What is the SARS MobiApp?
The SARS MobiApp is a mobile channel from which you can complete and submit your Income Tax Return (ITR12). You can easily install the SARS MobiApp from the App Store (for Apple devices), Google Play Store (for Android devices) or the Huawei App Gallery. On the SARS MobiApp you can register, complete, save and submit your 2020 return (coming soon), as well as returns from previous years.
You may also use the app for the following:
- Register for eFiling
- Reset your username and password
- File your return
- Upload and submit supporting documents
- Make a payment to SARS
- Set up a Call Back from the SARS Contact Centre
- View a Notice of Assessment
- Request and view the Income Tax Statement of Account
- View the status of the return
- Use the tax calculator
- Saved ITR12 returns are auto refreshed
- The Branch Locator shows the estimated waiting queue time
- Activation of the Income Tax Return (ITR12) via the SARS MobiApp
- Tax Practitioners can access the SARS MobiApp for the completion and submission of their Personal Income Tax clients and their Personal Income Tax products where they have full access rights; and
- Taxpayers can request their Statement of Account (SOA) or their eNotice of Registration (IT150) via the SARS MobiApp.
Which devices are compatible with the SARS MobiApp?
- iOS version 10 to latest
Android version 5.0 to latest
- If you need help on how to submit your Personal Income Tax return on the SARS Mobi-App, watch our helpful tutorial video on the SARS YouTube channel by clicking on the image below.
- If you need help to download the SARS Mobi-App, watch our helpful tutorial video on the SARS YouTube channel by clicking on the image below.
- If you need help to check if you have the correct version of the operating system to download the SARS MobiApp, watch our helpful tutorial video on the SARS YouTube channel by clicking on the image below.