22 October 2021 – ALERT: INTERRUPTION TO SARS PRODUCTION PLATFORMS
Please note that the Production platforms for both Secure File Gateway and Connect:Direct will be temporarily offline for planned maintenance between 16:00 and 19:00 on Friday 22 October 2021.
Please do not submit any files in the Production environment during this time, as they will not be received or processed. Files already in the system will be paused and will continue processing upon conclusion of the maintenance.
19 October 2021 –ALERT: INTERRUPTION TO SARS PRE-PRODUCTION (TRADE TEST) PLATFORMS
Please note that the Pre-Production (Trade Test) platforms for both Secure File Gateway and Connect:Direct will be temporarily offline for planned maintenance between 17:00 on Tuesday 19 October and 07:00 on Wednesday 20 October 2021.
Please do not submit any files in the Pre-Production (Trade Test) environment during this time, as they will not be received or processed. Files already in the system will be paused and will continue processing upon conclusion of the maintenance
11 October 2021 – REMINDER! Third Party Data Bi-Annual Submissions: 1 September 2021 – 31 October 2021: Production Submissions ONLY 14 DAYS to the DUE DATE.
You are encouraged to make your submissions ahead of the due date to avoid last minute challenges and potential delays.
In this submissions period, we are implementing the updated IT3 business requirement specification (version 3.0.0-32) that is effective for reporting due 31 October 2021 onward. Should you experience any challenges while making your submissions, you are welcome to contact us by emailing SARS Third Party Data Support ([email protected])
01 SEPTEMBER 2021 – THIRD PARTY DATA BI-ANNUAL SUBMISSIONS 2021: 01 SEPTEMBER 2021 – 31 OCTOBER 2021: NOW OPEN!
The SARS Third Party Data Bi-Annual Submissions process for the period 1 March 2021 – 31 August 2021 opens on 01 September 2021 and will close on 31 October 2021.
Submissions in respect of data files and declarations of the various reportable data types as detailed per Table 1 are now due.
In this submissions period, we are implementing the updated IT3 business requirement specification (version 3.0.0-32) that is effective for reporting due 31 October 2021 onwards.
Our trade testing platform is now open, you may begin testing your files. We highly recommend the use of the trade testing window to appropriately validated and check you file structures comply to the required standards.
Table 1: Bi-annual Submissions Timelines 2021:
Trade Testing Submission Period:
Production Submission Period:
Applicable Business Requirement Specification (BRS):
IT3 (b, c, e, s)
1 – 17 September 2021
20 September 2021 – 31 October 2021
SARS External BRS_2020_IT3s_v3.0.0-32 (Nb. New Version!)
Should you experience any challenges while making your submissions, you are welcome to contact us by emailing SARS Third Party Data Support ([email protected]).
Please follow the SARS Third Party Data Submissions Platform webpage to be kept up to date on changes and communication in relation to SARS 3rd Party Data.
19 January 2021 – ALERT! SARS IT3 BRS (SARS_External BRS_2020_IT3s_v3.0.0-32) [FOR IMPLEMENTATION – Reporting Due Date 31 October 2021]
Dear Third Party Data Provider,
Compliments of the season!
We trust you are well and safe.
Herewith the updated SARS IT3 BRS (v3.0.0-32) for implementation from the bi-annual submission period (1 March 2021 to 31 August 2021) with the reporting due 31 October 2021.
It is imperative to note, that this updated version of the IT3 BRS (v3.0.0-32) is applicable only later in this year.
For the upcoming annual submissions period with reporting due date 31 May 2021 the current version of the BRS is applicable (v2.0.3-27).
We would like to thank you for your participation and valued inputs in the BRS review process as well as participation in the industry review workshop.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to engage us via email: [email protected].
SARS Third Party Data Support
What is it?
Who must submit data to SARS?
- Banks (including Mutual banks)
- Companies listed on the JSE that issue bonds, debentures or financial products
- Co-operatives as well as any other person who purchases livestock, produce, timber, ore, mineral or precious stones from a primary producer other than for retail purposes.
- Co-operative Banks
- Estate agents
- Financial Institutions (such as Long-term insurers, Pension funds and Collective investment schemes)
- Medical Schemes
- Organs of state that issue bonds, debentures or financial products
- State-owned companies that issue bonds, debentures or financial products
- Any person who pays an amount of interest to or for the benefit of a foreign person (to the extent that it is regarded as being from a source in SA)
- SA resident companies, foreign resident companies whose shares are listed on the JSE, and regulated intermediaries paying dividends/foreign dividends
- Reporting institutions as described in the FACTA agreement.
What must be submitted?
- Withholding Tax on Interest
- Automatic Exchange of Information (FATCA AND CRS)
- Dividends Tax
- IT3 data submissions:
- Medical scheme contributions
- Insurance payments
When & how must it be submitted?
Why must it be submitted?
- Confirm whether a person has filed or submitted the correct information in his/her tax returns.
- Ensure that the information or documents are compliant with the provisions of a relevant tax Act.
- Determine a person’s tax liability.
Let us know if you need any help.
Send your email query to [email protected].
- Tax Reference number: XXXXXXXXXX
- Platform: Test or Live
- Submission channel: (HTTPS or Connect:Direct or eFiling)
- Detailed explanation of the query: If the query relates to system error then what is the event being executed, what are the steps completed, what is the expected system response and what is the actual system response. If the query relates to process enquiry then state the published document that outlines the process, the section and page number.
- Screen print of the error (where applicable)
To see the documents for each data type, visit the relevant data type webpage.
For a list of archived documents, click here.