- 22 September 2022 – ALERT: Interruption to SARS Third Party Data production platforms 24 September 2022
Please note that the Production platforms for both Secure File Gateway and Connect:Direct will be temporarily offline for planned maintenance between 03:00 and 07:00 on Saturday 24 September 2022. Please do not submit any files in the Production environment during this time, as they will not be processed.
- 31 August 2022 – THIRD PARTY DATA Bi-ANNUAL SUBMISSIONS 2023: 01 March 2022 – 31 August 2022:
The SARS Third Party Data Bi-Annual Submissions process for the period 1 March 2022 – 31 August 2022 opens on 01 September 2022 and will close on 31 October 2022.
Submissions in respect of data files and declarations of the various reportable data types as detailed per Table 1.
We highly recommend the use of the trade testing window to appropriately validated and check you file structures comply to the required standards.
Table 1: Bi-Annual Submissions Timelines 2023:
Trade Testing Submission Period:
Production Submission Period:
Applicable Business Requirement Specification (BRS):
IT3 (b, c, e, s)
1 – 15 Sep 2022
16 Sep 2022 – 31 Oct 2022
SARS External BRS_2020_IT3s_v3.0.0-32 (Nb. New Version!)
Should you experience any challenges while making your submissions, you are welcome to contact us by emailing SARS Third Party Data Support ([email protected]).
Please follow the SARS Third Party Data Submissions Platform webpage to be kept up to date on changes and communication in relation to SARS 3rd Party Data.
What is it?
Who must submit data to SARS?
- Banks (including Mutual banks)
- Companies listed on the JSE that issue bonds, debentures or financial products
- Co-operatives as well as any other person who purchases livestock, produce, timber, ore, mineral or precious stones from a primary producer other than for retail purposes.
- Co-operative Banks
- Estate agents
- Financial Institutions (such as Long-term insurers, Pension funds and Collective investment schemes)
- Medical Schemes
- Organs of state that issue bonds, debentures or financial products
- State-owned companies that issue bonds, debentures or financial products
- Any person who pays an amount of interest to or for the benefit of a foreign person (to the extent that it is regarded as being from a source in SA)
- SA resident companies, foreign resident companies whose shares are listed on the JSE, and regulated intermediaries paying dividends/foreign dividends
- Reporting institutions as described in the FACTA agreement.
What must be submitted?
- Withholding Tax on Interest
- Automatic Exchange of Information (FATCA AND CRS)
- Dividends Tax
- IT3 data submissions:
- Medical scheme contributions
- Insurance payments
When & how must it be submitted?
Why must it be submitted?
- Confirm whether a person has filed or submitted the correct information in his/her tax returns.
- Ensure that the information or documents are compliant with the provisions of a relevant tax Act.
- Determine a person’s tax liability.
Let us know if you need any help.
Send your email query to [email protected].
- Tax Reference number: XXXXXXXXXX
- Platform: Test or Live
- Submission channel: (HTTPS or Connect:Direct or eFiling)
- Detailed explanation of the query: If the query relates to system error then what is the event being executed, what are the steps completed, what is the expected system response and what is the actual system response. If the query relates to process enquiry then state the published document that outlines the process, the section and page number.
- Screen print of the error (where applicable)
To see the documents for each data type, visit the relevant data type webpage.
For a list of archived documents, click here.