Registering as an Employer
According to law, an employer must register with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) within 21 business days after becoming an employer, unless none of the employees are liable for normal tax.
- How to register for PAYE on eFiling
- Complete the EMP101e Payroll taxes – Application for Registration taxes form
- For assistance in completing the form, see the Guide for completion of Employer Registration application.
- For more information on Employees’ tax, see the Guide for Employers iro Employees’ Tax for more detail.
- If you are already registered for another tax type via eFiling, please see How to complete the Registration, Amendments and Verification Form (RAV01) guide as part of the Single Registration initiative.
Registering as a branch
Change of registered details
Registration for SDL and UIF
- Call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277)
To access this page in different languages click on the links below: