Which registered details can be changed via eFiling?
If you are an eFiler, you can change selected sensitive detail changes such as bank details and name / surname or registered name, in the cases of companies and trusts, on eFiling. If the validation of your banking details is unsuccessful on eFiling, you will be requested to visit a SARS branch to validate your banking details in person. Registration number/ID number will be locked and updates to these fields can only be done at a SARS branch. Remember to make an appointment.
- Selected identity information (Name, surname)
- Bank Account details
- Address details
- Contact details
- Add trading names
- Add a new tax product subscription
- Non-representative relationships
Which registered details can only be changed at a SARS branch?
- The Nature of the Entity or taxpayer type (e.g. Company, Trust etc.)
- Identity number/ Passport number/ Enterprise registration number (e.g. ID number, CIPC number or Trust number etc.)
- Bank details – only under the following conditions:
- When a 3rd party bank detail is involved
- When the legal entity (taxpayer) that makes the change is a Trust
- When the legal entity (taxpayer) that makes the change is coded as Deceased Estate, Liquidation or Insolvency
If you need help on how to update your SARS registered details on eFiling, watch our helpful tutorial video on the SARS YouTube channel by clicking on the image below.