Taxpayer Verification and eDNA system have been implemented at all SARS branches
What is it?
The verification system will require taxpayers to provide their valid RSA identity document or ID card, the SARS agent will take the taxpayer’s photograph and and scan his / her fingerprint. The fingerprint will then be checked against the data that the Department of Home Affairs have on record.
How does it work?
- Entity maintenance and registration for Income Tax, Value-Added Tax (VAT) and Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE). Changes to personal or registered details that will require additional verification include changes to banking details, identity number, surname, full names, initials, trading name, registered name, registration number, postal and physical address, email , contact details i.e. cell phone number, marital status, year of liability, financial year end, etc.
- Legal entity deactivation
- Entity corrections including entity merge
- Request for documentation including Notice of Registration for IT150, EMP103 and VAT103
- Request for debt management including deferral arrangements
- Request for a dispute including Request for Remission (RFR), Notice of Objection (NOO), Notice of Appeal (NOA), request for rejection reasons, and request for condonation
- Request for suspension of payments.
The verification process may increase the time required to process transactions.
- Provide your ID
- We will scan your fingerprint
- We will take your photograph
- We will check your ID and fingerprint with the Department of Home Affairs to make sure it corresponds with their records.
Tax practitioners and representatives with mandates from taxpayers will also be authenticated via the Taxpayer Verification System before they will be allowed to do transactions with SARS on behalf of taxpayers.
To provide a high level of security and privacy to taxpayer’s sensitive information, SARS officials will also be subjected to eDNA verification (scanning of their fingerprints) when they perform certain tasks.
Taxpayers are urged to protect their taxpayer information, banking details and eFiling login name and password at all times.