Which registered details can be changed via eFiling?
If you are an eFiler, you can change selected sensitive detail changes such as bank details and name / surname or registered name, in the cases of companies and trusts, on eFiling. If the validation of your banking details is unsuccessful on eFiling, you will be requested to visit a SARS branch to validate your banking details in person. Registration number/ID number will be locked and updates to these fields can only be done at a SARS branch. Remember to make an appointment.
- Selected identity information (Name, surname)
- Bank Account details
- Address details
- Contact details
- Nature of entity
- Add trading names
- Add a new tax product subscription
- Non-representative relationships
Which registered details can only be changed at a SARS branch?
- The Nature of the Entity or taxpayer type (e.g. Company, Trust etc.)
- Identity number/ Passport number/ Enterprise registration number (e.g. ID number, CIPC number or Trust number etc.)
- Bank details – only under the following conditions:
- When a 3rd party bank detail is involved
- When the legal entity (taxpayer) that makes the change is a Trust
- When the legal entity (taxpayer) that makes the change is coded as Deceased Estate, Liquidation or Insolvency