The International Cooperation (IC) division of the South African Revenue Service (SARS) is responsible for creating and enhancing relations, through contact, with international Tax and Customs authorities and international organisations.
The IC objectives include:
- Serving as the primary contact and liaison with international stakeholders on SARS’ behalf.
- Expanding SARS’ bilateral and multilateral cooperation with African countries and the rest of the world for the benefit of South Africa and the African continent at large.
- Playing an active role to influence SARS’ strategic and tactical decision making including ensuring appropriate representation in international forums.
- Working with our international partners to support combating fiscal evasion and contribute towards protecting the South African revenue base.
- To facilitate the management of the risks of illicit cross-border trade and tax avoidance.
- Contribute to promoting a competitive economic image of South Africa through SARS by creating networks and mechanism with the right partners to facilitate exchange of Tax and Customs information.
Contact IC through email at: [email protected].