SARS as a workplace
Our employees are the heart of the organisation and the ultimate resource for successfully executing our mandate – which we are serious about. The development – and maintenance – of a skills profile that supports modern high-tech tax administration, is responsive to the evolving needs of taxpayers and traders and addresses the challenges of non-compliance is therefore a strategic priority. Over and above an opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful work, there are a number of other compelling reasons why you should consider a career at SARS.
- SARS is a sought-after employer amongst commerce students, according to independent research.
- Opportunities. Opportunities… Because human resource investment is a strategic priority, performance management, training and development form part of the package. Thus the road to the top is paved.
- SARS cares about the well-being of its employees. This is evident from the continuously improving engagement levels due to the implementation of changes identified as a result of annual employee surveys.
- SARS creates opportunities for the youth. Our skills development pipeline, amongst others, includes a Graduate Development Programme, learnership opportunities, internships, and bursaries.
- SARS follows a pro-active succession planning approach.
- A leadership development programme to foster sustainability and advance quality leadership is a pillar of our people strategy.
- SARS employees are respected for and take pride in the role they play in financing services to our people and building the country.
- You will experience a sense of achievement through your association with this winning organisation, and not least, because
- We offer attractive remuneration practices to attract the best and the brightest.
Who should apply?
SARS prides itself with its values-driven culture with zero-tolerance to corruption. We want people on board who have integrity, are hard-working, serious about their own development, and have a passion for South Africa. Currently, our sourcing and training strategies focus on the need to build capacity in certain core, critical and scarce roles, whilst supporting the drive to create employment, particularly regarding the youth. Exciting career opportunities in Commerce therefore awaits professionals like chartered accountants, tax specialists, forensic auditors, and economists, or graduates in these areas of specialisation. Moreover, professionals ranging from legal practitioners, information technology, process engineering, business strategy, marketing, human resources, and procurement are also finding niche opportunities at SARS, while bursaries and trainee programmes cater for the youth who wish to join SARS. If you have what it takes, and want to be part of an organisation that is working to make South Africa work, SARS is the organisation for you.
For more information on our staff profile and some statistics, see our latest SARS Annual Report.