Need your tax number? Register on eFiling.
If you have forgotten your tax number you can request it from SARS in various ways:
- Send us a query. Please ensure your details match our records.
- You can get it on eFiling if you are registered as an eFiler. All you need to do is log on and check your number.
- You can also request your notice of registration via the MobiApp if you are a registered eFiler.
- eFiling has been updated to allow taxpayers to request the Notice of Registration (IT150) under the ‘SARS Registered Details’ menu option.
- At a SARS branch. Remember to make an appointment before you visit a branch.
28 June 2021 – Taxpayers can now request specific Personal Income Tax related services by sending an SMS to SARS on 47277. The following additional tax related services are offered to taxpayers via their mobile device. These services can be accessed with or without data/airtime:
- Request an eBooking appointment
- Booking (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
- Confirmation request to determine whether to submit a (PIT) tax return
- File (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
- Request the issuing of the IT150 (Tax Registration Number)
- TRN (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
- Request Account related queries (balance statements) and/or provision of Statement of the Account (SOA)
- Balance (Space) ID number/Passport number/ Asylum Seeker number
For more detail, see the Guide to SARS Mobile Tax Services.
Top Tip: SARS will not provide your tax number to another person, unless the person is your tax practitioner or has power of attorney to conduct your tax affairs.
To access this page in different languages click on the links below: