Who is exempt from provisional tax?
- An individual is exempt from the payment of provisional tax if the individual does not carry on any business and the individual’s taxable income –
- will not exceed the tax threshold for the tax year;
- from interest, dividends, foreign dividends, rental from the letting of fixed property and remuneration from an unregistered employer will be R30 000 or less for the tax year.
- Deceased estates.
- Approved public benefit organisations.
- Approved recreational clubs.
- Body corporates and share block companies.
See the latest tax thresholds.
See the latest exemptions limits.