THE 2015 EMPLOYER annual RECONCILIATION
1 April is the start of the 2015 Employer Annual Reconciliation for the period 1 March 2014 to 28 February 2015.
Don’t forget the following important details:
Top Tip: Submission may only be sent from 1 April 2015 for the 201502 period.
1. The Employer Annual Reconciliation period is from 1 April - 29 May 2015. Get ahead and submit your reconciliation sooner, rather than later. This will give you time to resolve any discrepancies before the deadline.
Please note - e@syFile versions 6.6.2 and 6.6.3
Both e@syfile versions of 6.6.2 and 6.6.3 are correct and both can be used to submit your 2015/02 reconciliation statement (EMP501). When using version 6.6.2 a pop-up message will be displayed. This message is an option that must be exercised if you intend using version 6.6.3. This can be done by clicking on ‘Yes’ to update to version 6.6.3. or ‘No’ to continue on version 6.6.2. Please note a full back-up and restore of data is required when you update to version 6.6.3.
Remember: Always backup your current information on your computer before installing the new version, as the installation may delete your current information.
Top Tip: SARS will from time to time improve the system, to assist you to easily submit your reconciliation. Visit our website regularly or even better, subscribe to our RSS feeds and you will be alerted when any changes are made to the pages you subscribe too!.
- Import the electronic Employee Tax Certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)s] CSV files from your current payroll system
- Reconcile your EMP501 –
- Capture all additional manual IRP5/IT3(a)s, and e@syFile™ Employer will use the information, from all the tax certificates, to automatically calculate the certificate totals for your EMP501.
- Enter your monthly liabilities, payments and Employment Tax Incentive (ETI) information, if applicable, and e@syFile™ Employer will calculate the rest!
3. Manually completed Payroll Tax, placed in a drop-box at a SARS branch or posted, are no longer accepted.
These forms include:
- Monthly Employer Declaration (EMP201)
- Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501)
- Tax Certificate Cancellation Declaration (EMP601)
- Reconciliation Declaration Adjustment (EMP701).
Top Tip: An exception is made for employers with a maximum of five IRP5/IT3(a)s. The employer can still go into a SARS branch where an agent will help them capture these IRP5/IT3(a)s and the EMP501.
Employers should either uses eFiling (For 20 IRP5/IT3(a)s or less) or e@syFile™ Employer (For 20 IRP5/IT3(a)s or more) to submit their declarations. These electronic channels are free, convenient and available 24/7.
4. Make sure your reconciliation submission balances
- The EMP501 must reconcile to your EMP201s, which should have been submitted during the period (giving you a chance to correct this, where needed).
- The EMP201s must reconcile to payments made for the period.
- The EMP201 payments must reconcile to your IRP5/IT3(a)s generated.
Experiencing problems due to duplicate or incomplete EMP501 submissions made on e@syFile™ Employer, read more here
5. Send your reconciliation before the deadline of 29 May 2015, to avoid penalties and interest being charged.
Please note: Submissions made on a disc at a SARS branch is no longer available.
6. The latest Business Requirement Specification: PAYE Employer Reconciliation is available which defines the data submission requirements to SARS.
Stay informed by visiting the website regularly, or even better, subscribe to our RSS feeds
and you will be alerted when any changes are made to the pages you subscribe too!