THE 2016 EMPLOYER annual RECONCILIATION
As from the 19th of August 2016, Employers who are subject to an audit can now view the Audit letters on eFiling and e@syFile™. Employers can also upload supporting documents in response to the Audit letters or submit a Request for Correction of the EMP201 or EMP501. Where Employers are not registered on eFiling or e@syFile™ they can submit a Request for Correction at the Branch or submit supporting documents at the Branch in response to the Audit.
Please note: If an employer is selected for audit and the EMP501 has been submitted then the request for correction is done via the EMP501 and not the EMP201
1 April is the start of the 2016 Employer Annual Reconciliation for the period 1 March 2015 to 29 February 2016.
Don’t forget the following important details:
Top Tip: Submission may only be sent from 18 April 2016 for the 201602 period.
1. The Employer Annual Reconciliation period is from 18 April - 31 May 2016. Get ahead and submit your reconciliation sooner, rather than later. This will give you time to resolve any discrepancies before the deadline.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of e@syFile™ Employer
available. To download the latest version, click here
Please note - e@syFile version 6.6.3
E@syfile version 6.6.3 can be used to submit your 2016/02 reconciliation statement (EMP501)and all other reconciliations and re-submissions.
Remember: Always backup your current information on your computer before installing the new version, as the installation may delete your current information.
Top Tip: SARS will from time to time improve the system, to assist you to easily submit your reconciliation. Visit our website regularly or even better, subscribe to our RSS feeds and you will be alerted when any changes are made to the pages you subscribe too!.
- Import the electronic Employee Tax Certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)s] CSV files from your current payroll system
- Reconcile your EMP501 –
- Capture all additional manual IRP5/IT3(a)s, and e@syFile™ Employer will use the information, from all the tax certificates, to automatically calculate the certificate totals for your EMP501.
- Enter your monthly liabilities, payments and Employment Tax Incentive (ETI) information, if applicable, and e@syFile™ Employer will calculate the rest!
3. Manually completed Payroll Tax, placed in a drop-box at a SARS branch or posted, are no longer accepted.
These forms include:
- Monthly Employer Declaration (EMP201)
- Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501)
- Tax Certificate Cancellation Declaration (EMP601)
- Reconciliation Declaration Adjustment (EMP701).
Top Tip: An exception is made for employers with a maximum of five IRP5/IT3(a)s. The employer can still go into a SARS branch where an agent will help them capture these IRP5/IT3(a)s and the EMP501.
Employers should either use eFiling (For 20 IRP5/IT3(a)s or less) or e@syFile™ Employer to submit their declarations. These electronic channels are free, convenient and available 24/7.
4. Make sure your reconciliation submission balances
- The EMP501 must reconcile to your EMP201s, which should have been submitted during the period (giving you a chance to correct this, where needed).
- The EMP201s must reconcile to payments made for the period.
- The EMP201 payments must reconcile to your IRP5/IT3(a)s generated.
Experiencing problems due to duplicate or incomplete EMP501 submissions made on e@syFile™ Employer, read more here
5. Send your reconciliation before the deadline of 31 May 2016, to avoid penalties and interest being charged.
Please note: Submissions made on a disc at a SARS branch is no longer available.
6. The latest Business Requirement Specification: PAYE Employer Reconciliation is available which defines the data submission requirements to SARS.
Stay informed by visiting the website regularly, or even better, subscribe to our RSS feeds
and you will be alerted when any changes are made to the pages you subscribe too!
To access this page in different languages click on the links below: