EMPLOYER INTERMIN RECONCILIATION (1 SEPTEMBER – 31 OCTOBER 2013)
The Employer Interim Reconciliation is now closed
The Employer Interim Reconciliation period closed on 31 October 2013.
We would like to thank all employers who have submitted their reconciliation submissions. If you have not yet submitted yours, don’t delay, submit today!
The Employer Interim Reconciliation period ran from 1 September 2013 until 31 October 2013 which required employers to submit their interim reconciliation submission for the transaction period 1 March – 31 August 2013.
The following changes were introduced during the reconciliation period to help you easily and conveniently submit your reconciliation submission to SARS:
1) eFiling is now a submission channel – In our continued efforts to assist employers to easily and conveniently complete and submit their reconciliation submissions, eFiling may now be used as a submission channel, where you have 20 or less Employee Tax Certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)s] to submit with your Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501). For more details on how to use eFiling to send us your submission, why not consult our guide.
Top Tip: If you have already submitted your reconciliation declaration using a different channel (e.g. using e@syFile™ Employer or at a SARS branch) please continue using that channel for the remainder of this reconciliation period (1 September – 31 October 2013).
2) The latest version 6.4.0 of e@syFile™ Employer is available and can be accessed by visiting the SARS eFiling website and downloading it. The postal address and banking details information on the “Employer Admin” screen on e@syFile™ Employer has been aligned to the Registration and Amendments form. These fields must be updated before you submit your reconciliation submission to SARS. Click here for more information.
It is important to always backup your current information on your computer prior to installing a new version of e@syFile™ Employer
, as the installation may delete the current information. You must always make your submissions using the latest version of e@syFile™ Employer
and any information submitted using a previous version will not be accepted.
3) Track your reconciliation submission status – Status updates will be provided through the same channel you used to submit your declarations to SARS. On e@syFile™ Employer use the EMP501 Dashboard to track your submission status or the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) Dashboard to verify your IRP5/IT3(a) values submitted, received and processed by SARS corresponds to your information.
4) New source code 3816 (3866) – for the use of a motor vehicle acquired via Operating Lease (PAYE) was introduced.
5) Reconciliation Declaration Adjustment (EMP701) – Manually completed EMP701s received by post or SARS drop-box will not be accepted any longer. EMP701s submitted via e@syFile™ Employer or at a SARS branch will only be accepted for the periods 1999 – 2008, where the following criteria have been met:
- The reconciliation submission was submitted on the old tear-off pre-printed pads that were issued by the SARS branches OR
- On an old format CSV file which was delivered to a SARS branch for validation.
- The EMP701 together with the EMP601 and/or the IRP5/IT3(a)s must be submitted. The certificate numbers are limited to 8 digits as was required during that period.
- For transaction year 2009 onwards a revised EMP501 must be submitted for the adjustment.
: Where a reconciliation submission was submitted between 1999 – 2008 via e@syFile™ Employer
or at a SARS branch using Service Manager a revised EMP501 must be submitted for that period.
To help you understand what you need to do when completing and submitting your declaration we have developed a range of step-by-step guides which are available on the Reconciliations
We also have an e@syFile™ Employer
video on SARS TV. Go to http://www.youtube.com/sarstax
to see how easy it is to submit your reconciliation declaration effortlessly. This video will guide you to easily complete, submit and track your reconciliation submission.
Should your reconciliation submission fail to balance across the three elements SARS will issue a letter notifying you that your reconciliation submission was unsuccessful. Simply use the Reconciliation Assistant available on e@syFile™ Employer
to assist you in correcting your tax affairs and balancing your reconciliation submission.
For more information visit the Reconciliations
webpage, call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277), or visit your nearest SARS branch.